Mobile Deposit FAQs
What is Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposit offers you a secure, convenient way of depositing checks into your checking account using an iPhone™ or Android™ smartphone.
How do I deposit a check with Mobile Deposit?
- Login to the UBT Mobile app on your smartphone
- Tap the Deposit Checks icon
- Select "Get Started"
- Choose the account you would like to deposit to
- Enter the amount of the check
- Select "Front of Check" and take a photo of the front of the check
- Select "Back of Check" and take a photo of the back of the check
- Select "Use this Picture" once the photo is accepted
- You will be asked to verify your entries before completing the deposit
- Select "Make Deposit"
- You will be given a confirmation number and will be asked if you would like a email confirmation
Who is eligible to use Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposit is available to all users who have a checking account and are in good standing with United Bank & Trust.
What type of mobile device do I need to use Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposit is supported on mobile devices that meet the following criteria:
- Android or iPhone device
- A 2MP or higher camera
- Apple iOS 4.0 or later
- Android 1.5 or later
Is there a cost to use Mobile Deposit?
No. Mobile Deposit is a feature included in our Mobile Banking App.
When will the funds be available?
Check deposits made using Mobile Deposit are subject to verification and will generally be available for withdrawal within one (1) business day.
Once you have received your confirmation number, we have received your deposit. Next, our administrator will review your deposit and accept or deny it. You will receive notification of this decision.
Deposits received on weekends, federal holiday's and Monday through Friday after 4:00 p.m. CST are processed on the following business day.
What are the reasons to deny a Mobile Deposit?
- Improper endorsement
- Illegible image
- Duplicate item (check has already been deposited)
What do I do with the check after the deposit is submitted?
Keep your check until you verify that the deposit has been made to your account. After that, you should retain the check for 60 days. You many not present the original check or any substitute check created from the original check for payment at any other financial institution. During this 60 day period, you must store the original check securely and you must make the original check available to us for review at any time, and as necessary for us to facilitate the clearing and collection process, to address third party claims, or for our own auditing purposes.