Text Fraud Alerts
Keeping your account information safe and secure is our highest priority at United Bank & Trust. That's why we have enhanced our debit card program by bringing you text fraud alerts when a suspicious transaction occurs.
Here's how it works:
If a suspicious debit card transaction is detected, you'll receive a text "Fraud Alert" with transaction details. Simply reply to the text with a "YES" or "NO" to confirm or deny the transaction.
- YES - the activity is valid and legitimate. You can continue to use your debit card as normal.
- NO - the activity is fraudulent. Your card will automatically be blocked to prevent any additional fraudulent activity. You will receive a follow-up phone call from a Shazam Fraud Specialist.
- If you don't reply to the text, or if your phone number isn't a cell phone number, Shazam will attempt to reach you via automated voice call.
Text alerts will come from #72718
Automated phone calls will come from 855-219-5399
Questions? Call us at 641-753-5900, or call Shazam at 855-219-5399.
United Bank & Trust and Kroll Fraud Solutions, the leading provider of identity theft and fraud investigation services, have partnered together to introduce ID TheftSmart™ service to you. If you are ever a victim of identity theft, it can be a very time consuming and overwhelming process to repair the damage done. As a victim, you expect real solutions to help you restore confidence and your reputation.
ID TheftSmart™ offers two solutions, ID Restoration and Credit Monitoring. Click here for more information on both products.
ID TheftSmart™ Restoration is your answer in the event your identity is ever compromised. Investigators will work on your behalf to restore and preserve your identity. Not only will you receive full service identity restoration from a licensed experienced investigator should you become a victim, but you will also have a resource to help answer questions or provide guidance on security and fraud related concerns, in order to head off possible issues before they materialize.
If your identity is stolen, our licensed ID TheftSmart™ investigators will:
- Confirm identity fraud and determine its nature and scope
- Assist in obtaining a police report
- Provide a tri-merged credit report and perform full non-credit searches
- Work on your behalf until ALL identity theft issues have been verifiably resolved
- Place seven-year fraud victim statements with credit reporting agencies, when applicable
The price of this service is only $2 per household/per month for a full service restoration solution.
CREDIT MONITORING (INCLUDES RESTORATION)
ID TheftSmart Credit Monitoring is designed to provide alerts if you ever experience unusual activity on your credit report. Through this service, you will receive alerts when one of the following activities is detected on your credit report:
- New account opening
- Credit inquires
- Payment delinquency
- Public record changes
- Change of address
Alerts are available online via email or offline via postal delivery. Online delivery alerts are provided on a daily basis and notification of no activity is delivered on a monthly basis. Offline alerts (USPS mail) are provided on a monthly basis and notification of no activity is delivered on a quarterly basis.
The price of ID TheftSmart Credit Monitoring is $5 per person/per month. This fee also includes the ID Restoration service for the entire household.
If you would like more information on how you can add the security and protection of the ID TheftSmart™ program, please Contact Us.
ID Theft Prevention and FAQs
Federal Trade Commission
Identity Theft Resource Center
Free Annual Credit Report